Tuesday 31 January 2012

Week 4: E Minaka Ana

Video posted in YouTube by MokopunaAkonga, 25 August 2010 - differs slightly to the text we use, however the video will give you an idea of the tune. ('Something Stupid' by Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman).





Māori

Kia kaha tātou ki te (hii)
Kōrero Māori

*E minaka ana
Taku waha
Ki te kai ā
Te rangatira

Taku reo rangatira
Taku kuru pounamu
Tuku iho

Mīharo kē ana
Ki tōna pakari
Kia ora

Te memeha
Te wairua
Ki te kōrero Māori

Repeat * and then #

#
Te memeha
Te wairua
Ki te kōrero Maori

Kia kaha tātou ki te (hi!)
Kōrero Māori


English












I aspire to talk like a leader
Using my most treasured possession
Handed down to me,
My language

Astound me with your zest of life
Your effervescent spirit
To speak Māori

Let us all be insistent
In speaking Māori

No comments:

Post a Comment